Lectures at foreign universities
One of my activities is international popularization of strategic governance/management of the development of communes/cities, districts/counties and regions as well as Polish achievements in this field. I do this by giving keynote speeches and guest lectures on this subject at foreign universities. Interest in this governance/management is particularly high in countries undergoing decentralization reforms and strengthening their local and regional authorities. In these countries, foreign patterns of local development governance are sought, and Poland as a rapidly developing post-transformation country with a developed local government system is a source of many examples in this respect. In countries with a long tradition of strong self-government, Polish self-governance is interesting as an activity in which new local and regional development policies as well as management methods and techniques are being tested.
In addition, keynote speeches and lectures abroad give me many opportunities to discover processes of local development and local government inspirations unknown in Poland, which I wrote here. It also allows me to establish contacts with foreign scientists and local authorities.
So far, I have given lectures and keynote speeches at the following universities (see reference letters):
- Brazil: University of Campinas, Campinas – São Paulo (2018).
- Brazil: Communitarian University of Chapecó Region, Chapecó (2019).
- Bulgaria: University of National and World Economy, Sofia (2016, 2018).
- Cyprus: P.A. College, Larnaca (2011).
- Czechia: Jan Evangelista Purkyně University in Ústí nad Labem, Ústí nad Labem (2016, 2017).
- France: University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Paris (2019).
- Germany: Berufsakademie Sachsen Staatliche Studienakademie Bautzen, University of Cooperative Education, Bautzen (2016).
- Indonesia: University of Jember (2017).
- Ireland: University of Limerick, Limerick (2015).
- Italy: University of Bologna, Bologna (2013, 2014).
- Italy: University of Messina (2019).
- North Macedonia: Integrated Business Faculty, Skopje (2013).
- Singapore: National University of Singapore, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, Singapore (2019).
- Spain: University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Las Palmas (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019).
- South Africa: The University of Johannesburg, Johannesburg (2018).
- South Africa: The University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg (2018).
- South Africa: The University of Zululand, uMhlathuze (2018).
- South Africa: The North-West University, Vaal (2018, 2019).
- Sweden: Stockholm University, Stockholm (2014).
- Ukraine: Ternopil National Economic University, Tarnopol (2011).
- Ukraine: Lviv University of Trade and Economics, Lwów (2017).
- Uruguay: The University of Republic, Montevideo (2019).
Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world.
– Louis Pasteur
Participants of my lectures:
- PhD students
- researchers, teachers, trainers
- local and regional authorities
- employees of city halls, district/county/commune offices
- management companies and other units which belong to local and regional governments
Fields of my lectures:
- decentralization in Poland
- self-governments in Poland
- local/regional development
- self-government vs. country growth
- local development strategies
- municipality vs. innovativeness
- city management